Re: [LUG] plymouth geeks meetup on the 18th of feb?

On 14/02/2010 21:51, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hmm, most meetings are purely social due to the venue making it hard to
do talks etc.

Luckily I guess at the Shoreline, it's possible to have two separate conversations going for small talks, although as you say, it's not easy, at least it's not easy enough to do a talk with lots of people.

if you have something specific you want to discuss and are prepared to
drive then ask here on the list and if someone can also be at the meet
who can help you it makes it worth while travelling down.

Or maybe if it's just a couple of people, then maybe meeting at someone's house may be an option.
the venue is pretty flexible on times too,

The Shoreline certainly seems to be as long as they don't have any prior bookings. I think they enjoy the extra bit of custom.
Ideally we need somewhere in Exeter,  as that is pretty central to Devon
I think,   there are people in Exeter and plenty of pubs, with parking.
  anyone got ideas on that.

Maybe a social meeting at the Imperial, lots of parking, cheap beer for those who are drinking, in the summer it's nice to sit out there too (although possibly not as easy to park).

Now I'm on the road again I'm going to have to arrange something at Exwick, the LTSP installation needs finishing off so maybe we could make it into an Exeter mini-meet (although for the next week or two I'm pretty much booked up at the weekend, with a bit of notice I could possibly make one evening after work (say about 6pm ish) for a couple of hours, it would most likely have to be a Friday as it's about the only day I have free in the week.
there is always the irc channel too, perhaps we can have a time / date
once a month when we can all log in to the chat channel,

That sounds like a good idea.  Maybe it could be once a week.
www.zleap.net/chat is a quick link to the web interface (or should be)
Yep still works.

Rob