Re: [LUG] lighthouse/resurrection day/386

Rhia Knowles wrote:

> 2010/1/25 Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
>     Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>     <snip>
>
>         Sounds good, i just suggested it as an idea as it was on my mind
>         and if
>         I don't suggest things at the time, i tend get distracted by
>         newer ideas.
>

>     Yep, I know the feeling, I find jotting things down in a text file
>     helps, assuming I'm near my PC, if put a note on my phone or a
>     reminder on the calendar.  It's amazing how much it's helped having
>     a decent calendar on my phone, although it does mean I have less of
>     an excuse to forget things now :-(
>
>     I do think the Lighthouse would be a good place to have a
>     resurrection day though, at least assuming it's not busy, or closed.
>      Thing is, when it opens (assuming it isn't officially opened
>     already) it might make it a bit harder to do stuff.  All those PC's
>     bits kicking about and open PCs in a public place could be
>     considered a risk, in in the case of that power supply yesterday,
>     light entertainment.
>
>     Rob

Which is why I have suggested we do this before it opens properly,  as I
am sure we can make a few more PC's up from bits or perhaps make it a
lug meet proper, and do what we did Sunday,  only have more of us
involved.  Only the day would be longer,  and we would perhaps also have
a chance to play a few multi player games,  etc.

If tyrone and or mark can be around,

Sunday was fun,   which is how this project should be.

There are enough people who can normally make it to lug meets to make it
an interesting event,

next lug meet at the shoreline is 6th Feb,  just wondered if it's worth
having a resurrection meet later in Feb.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net

Ubuntu 9.10 is out : Visit www.ubuntu.com for details
DCGLUG MEETINGS - Details on www.dcglug.org.uk/drupal6,  - please click
on Group meetings link on right hand side
Aged 11 - 19 then dfey may be for you,  please goto http://www.dfey.org
for more details