Re: [LUG] Primary School BB costs

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 01:05 +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:

> A lot of schools are meant to be getting Virtual learning environments
> using some propriatary  system,  (not moodle like most secondaries)  I
> think it was called merlin or something (sw grid for learning thing)
>
> But again due to lack of time, budget this does not seem to be happening
> (well looking at local school site it isn't),  Again i was told this
> while at a school a few years ago,  plan for secondaries to work with
> partner primaries, but as I have said,  techs are over worked, and don't
> have time for their own networks let alone those of other schools.

I believe the VLE thing is incoming, a friend of mine was taken on at
Holsworthy Secondary School (or whatever its name this year is) last
year as senior IT technician (or similar) and part of his employment
doodah was to do with the VLE setup, he spent weeks researching it
before the interview and was fortunate to land the job (ahead of all the
fresh out of Uni folks, Yay! for experience counting for something!)

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides