Re: [LUG] Fw: [freecycletruro] offered: desktop computer

Max Siegieda wrote:
It's a digital world, things are always confusing. I've always liked the idea that in the real world you couldn't bang two rocks together and have the slimmest chance of making a Ferrari by doing that, but in the digital world if you randomly generate bytes (the equivalent of banging rocks together) you actually have a reasonable chance of ending up with a piece of music or a movie... it'll just take a while. If you do bang some rocks together and make a Ferrari in the real world that's fine, you get to keep it but in the digital world banging rocks together and reaching some end goal is actually a breach of copyright laws.
Is that like monkeys with typewriters writing Shakespeare?

I dare say this article is relevant at for said monkeys...

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2795.txt

Rob