Re: [LUG] Debian and home hubs and my stupid questions.

Sorry if you feel alienated...

It isn't a Linux thing, or even a GNU/Linux thing, you are asking for
help, expecting an answer from people's good will and spare time, and
yet you aren't providing basic information that would be needed to solve
your problem. This is about helping yourself, not helping me, I can
always hit delete and you'd never know the difference.

The article linked is specifically about asking smart question, since
you are still not following a couple of it's key recommendation, I
suggest rereading it again.