Re: [LUG] Debian and home hubs and my stupid questions.

JOHN DAVEY wrote:

    ...You're right Baz, it is a very friendly list. I am allways
    greatfull for everyones endless paitence and willing to help.....

One thing I've come across in the past with wireless is if you use a key under 8 characters then sometimes it'll connect but not actually pick the network up properly (not pick up an IP address etc) or not connect at all. I've seen this on Ubuntu and Windows before. Although saying that it should be a case that the Home Hub has a predefined key which is long enough.

I have a Home Hub 2, and have connected to it fine with Ubuntu 9.04 and 9.10. If you get really stuck I'll dig it out and see if I can offer any suggestions (although it would have to wait until the weekend, I've not got any free time as it is at the moment).

Rob