Re: [LUG] Why don't they learn

T Brownen wrote:
Hello James
I have just Had a good look at your site
http://www.fidell.co.uk/stats
you have in the last year had 1368 hits and you have not secured your site in the last year. I have found you do not even have a start page, would you like me to drop one in.
So please do not come it to me about Linux security.

Please stop now.  I'm convinced you're a troll and I should never have
fed you in the first place.

You've given the URLs for two pages that actually I really don't care if
anyone sees.  It bothers me not a jot.  How this is some sort of
security issue I'm unable to fathom.  Even the stats pages only give
away links to files that I've posted to public mailing lists.

Are you a Windoze spy, what system do you use, I and many others would like to know.

Actually, many others really couldn't give a toss, but if you'd bothered
to look in the headers of the email I sent you'd have been able to make
a moderately-informed guess.  For clarity, my desktop box is an
Atom-based box running the latest Ubuntu, as are the laptops I usually
run.  My fileserver runs CentOS5.  I did have a very brief flirtation
with Windows some time in the early 90's, but only for the few days it
took me to port some software I'd written.  Other than that I've used
UNIX and UNIX-like systems pretty much exclusively since the mid-80s.

James