[LUG] Correct BIOS / irqpoll in Debian

Feeling under thw weather so tried to get some problems out of the
way... bad choice..

Two problems:
- a couple of days ago my headset stopped when using twinkle. i cannot remember
exactly what i was doing but i think i was either pressing <esc> or q. Afterwards I
could continue to hear music but no voip. In my syslog there was a
  narration mentioning irq11 and that i should should try irqpoll

- rebooted, no change

- i rebooted again and went through the bios set ups. In doing so i changed the
monitor from CRT to LCD. On reboot I discovered I had disabled the screen.

Question

1. any bright ideas how i can reset my bios to defaults
2. any ideas how I can access irqpoll or reset my irq defaults

many thanks

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.