Re: [LUG] music software for Linux - was discussed at lug meet on saturday

Two questions
- Do you know of how (if) cubase files can be run with a floss package?
- Is it worth suggesting to him learning how to use Ubuntu studio and if
Âso what package should he use instead of cubase?

I remember having a look at using the various linux tools for building a DAW a while ago. As far as I could find back then, there really weren't many packages that could really stand against the comercial packages that are out there for Mac and Windows.

The closest thing I ever found to cubase was Ardour (http://ardour.org/), although I don't think there's anything that can use its files.