Re: [LUG] music software for Linux ptII

Rob Beard wrote:
On 16/12/2009 22:42, Keith Abraham wrote:
tom wrote:
I was just wondering who out there does music on linux, and what they think is good/bad.

I'm currently writing an abc to musicxml converter with the aim of making it more or less universal (any music format to any other) with a core that can do copyright comparison. Hopefully part of a free up everything suite...

Tom te tom te tom

I last time I used Steinberg Cubase was about 6-7 years ago. It was
expensive but I have to say it was a really nice software. Easy to use
and I always felt in control. I think Steinberg have replaced it with
something else but I can't be certain as I've been out of that business
for some time. However from time to time I've tried some open source
software eg. Rosegarden, Audacity etc and while they're good they're not
so easy to use as the high level commercial editors.

I remember there was some talk of Steinberg porting Cubase to Linux but
nothing ever came of it.

As far as I know, except for MIDI files, there  are no open source
applications that can handle Cubase files.

Keith

Is it me, or has that same reply come through to the list 3 times?

Or is it a case of De Ja Vu?

Rob

No Bob it isn't you.

For some reason my mail to DCLUG has been returned to me. Also as it's not appearing in my DCLUG inbox I presumed it wasn't reaching the LUG and tried again.

Probably something to do with my Thunderbird installation ( I altered the filters recently). I'll investigate.

Anyway thanks to you I do know that my mail is reaching the LUG. Thanks Bob.

Keith