Re: [LUG] Correct BIOS / irqpoll in Debian

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:42:26 +0000
Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> - i rebooted again and went through the bios set ups. In doing so i
> changed the monitor from CRT to LCD. On reboot I discovered I had
> disabled the screen.

Actually, you might not have done what you thought you did - you may
simply have told the BIOS to use the digital video output (which some
LCD's can use) instead of analogue video output (which all CRT's
require). If your LCD has two input leads (as mine does), the alternate
lead will be digital input and you can use that.

--

Neil Williams