Re: [LUG] Correct BIOS / irqpoll in Debian

Henry Bremridge wrote:
Feeling under thw weather so tried to get some problems out of the
way... bad choice..

Two problems:
- a couple of days ago my headset stopped when using twinkle. i cannot remember exactly
what i was doing but i think i was either pressing <esc> or q. Afterwards I could
continue to hear music but no voip. In my syslog there was a
  narration mentioning irq11 and that i should should try irqpoll

- rebooted, no change

- i rebooted again and went through the bios set ups. In doing so i changed the monitor from CRT to LCD. On reboot I discovered I had disabled the screen.
Question

1. any bright ideas how i can reset my bios to defaults
2. any ideas how I can access irqpoll or reset my irq defaults

many thanks

Resetting your bios defaults is either a matter of entering the BIOS or hard-resetting on the mobo.

Keep hitting Del on the kbd during the startup of the pc should get you into BIOS and you can reset to defaults.

Alternatively its a matter of opening your case up ( with power off and maintaining antistatic precautions) and theres is usually a jumper close to the CMOS battery. Shift the jumper to the opposite position , waiting 5 - 10 seconds and then putting the jumper back again.

Steph