Re: [LUG] music software for Linux - was discussed at lug meet on saturday

> On saturday we were asked about recording / music editing software for
> Linux,  I downloaded the latest release of full circle magazine on
> Monday and this has an article on just this
> http://fullcirclemagazine.org/
> download issue 31,
> hope this helps or provides a starting point.

I use music software a lot in Linux. This is my stack:

QJackCtl - Jack connections including MIDI input with supported soundcard

Jack-Rack - effects (LADSPA)

ZynAddSubFx - synthesiser with virtual keyboard, some really cool instruments in here - plus you can make your own by editing harmonics of waves etc
QSynth - straight synth, needs a soundfont, can't remember the name of mine - will tell later

Vkeybd - for use with QSynth as it doesn't have a virtual keyboard.

Rosegarden - Very good notation package

Audacity - for cleaning up and compression

Hope someone finds it useful! Any questions about it, ask me.

Cheers
Dan