Re: [LUG] OT: Broadband Options (Again)

> Tiscali (UK) has been bought out by Talk talk (Carphonewharehouse...) so I
> guess they are now the same thing

It's often the case that people think this when one business buys
another out, but it's a bit of a sweeping generalisation.  Think about
it, overnight a business with all of it's administration, control
structures, suppliers, staff etc just "becomes" the same "thing" as
the new owner - I don't see it myself.

I was employed by Norweb when Comet bought them out.  Nothing at all
changed for ages, then the manager was replaced and over the next 9
months or so we slowly merged into Comet, culminating in the closing
of the original Comet store down the road and our store being
rebranded into a "proper" Comet store.  Now I'm not saying that ISP's
follow the same format, but you get what I mean..

Makes me cringe to think I worked in either :P (It was only part time!).

Anyway, after chats with TalkTalk, Tiscali & BT yesterday, looks like
I'm going to take the plunge with TalkTalk.  They allow a 30 day
cancellation on the broadband anyways, so if it sucks I can change.