Re: [LUG] Upgrading Missus' Hard drive

On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 22:15:36 +0100, M.Blackmore <mblackmore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 2009-10-04 at 12:58 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:
The only issue is backing it up.

1. Rsync over network to an *ancient* PC with a sata card and a 1 gig
drive

2. A pair of Buffalo USB external device my wife is going to
alternatively take to work with her every Monday and bring home every
Friday for backing up over the weekend.

We hope that is secure enough. I await with impatience Blu-Ray coming
down in price (haven't checked prices for ages now come to think of it)
for an extra backup.
For all the hassle of burning hundreds of discs, i'd just buy 2 drives if the data was that important. Also I've had some cds and dvds fail shortly after writing them with no visible damage so i'm weary of anything that looks like a cd.