Re: [LUG] linux based ereader

On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:18:07 +0100, Simon Robert <simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
does anyone know if mobi book software runs under wine?

On this page:
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/downloadSoft/DownloadManualInstall.asp
there is a win98 version which I just successfully installed and ran under wine. I don't have any mobi books (I prefer audiobooks), so "it ran"="it showed me a window and it didn't look messed up". I had to download a copy of MSVCP60.DLL and put it in the program directory but didn't need to set an override or anything.

Download links:
http://www.mobipocket.com/soft/readerpro/MobipocketReaderPC.exe
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcp60

I didn't try the newer one because it says it needs IE5 or newer and i can't be bothered with that.