Re: [LUG] ADSL modem/router woes

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Viv wrote:

Thanks Rob - I didn't know that. I have just tested the speed and it is coming out at 5565 download and 380 upload. We are with an Entanet Reseller - Vivaciti. Do you think it may be worth asking them to reset our IP Profile? Actually, I was quite pleased with that speed - it used to be slower. Do you think that the fact that we are using TV on demand much more now may have improved the IP Profile?

I'm not sure Entanet resellers can reset profiles - I (as an Entanet reseller myself) don't seem to have that ability.

Actually I'm getting fewer and fewer things I can do and see now - I've heard a rumour that Enta might be making life interesting for some of their smaller resellers, but who knows. Certainly their support service sucks big time right now. Emails to support are never answered, then when I pester them they claim they never got them - despite me getting a ticket out of their system (They use RT!) The down-side is that they reply back without using the ticket and without including your email, so when you reply to them again, you get a new ticket number.

The last time I had to phone them (just a few days ago) I sat on the phone for 30 minutes until they answered. Good thing it was a free phone call!

Their network still seems quite good - I just wish the suport would catch up again.

Gordon