Re: [LUG] Upgrade from to Ubuntu 9.04

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:25:07 +0100, james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I want to try some of the newer distros on the Linux Format disc plus
Mint soon and will need to set up users called jamesmint etc on my home
partition. Please could I be reminded where the instructions are?

Any reason you don't want to use the same user for all distros?

there's the useradd command (man useradd) to do it on the command line, or kde has kuser as a graphical tool for that sort of stuff. Not sure what the gnome equivalent is called but I think there's a good chance of one existing.