Re: [LUG] Upgrade from to Ubuntu 9.04

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 16:04 +0100, Julian Hall wrote:

> Is it possible to save your user settings and customisations, do a fresh
> install and then import the settings?
IIRC the last time I upgraded from a disc it recognised there was a
previous version of Ubuntu and offered to keep the home directory which
was not on a separate partition at the time. This would preserve quite a
bit.

I want to try some of the newer distros on the Linux Format disc plus
Mint soon and will need to set up users called jamesmint etc on my home
partition. Please could I be reminded where the instructions are?

James
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk