Re: [LUG] Upgrade from to Ubuntu 9.04

Grant Sewell wrote:
Hi all,

I was brave.  Yesterday I figured I'd upgrade my Ubuntu 8.04.2 laptop
to 9.04.  To do this the Ubuntu way, however, I had to first upgrade to
8.10.  I have to say that with only 1 hiccup it seems to have gone
fairly smoothly!

On the upgrade from 8.04.2 to 8.10, the newest 8.10-supported kernel was
installed, and this caused problems.  However, the previous
8.10-supported kernel was also installed, and booting to this seemed to
be fine.

Upgrading from 8.10 to 9.04 was a breeze and happened without any
hiccups.

I'm still thinking that I'll re-Debianise it soon, but I was impressed
with the upgrade process.

Grant.

Nice to hear Grant, thanks. I have a 8.10 server which I've held off upgrading as it's too critical to have to troubleshoot any problems (don't fix what isn't broken). I have a 9.04 install in the wild based on exactly the same kit.

Perhaps I should be a little braver and just bite the bullet.

Martin