Re: [LUG] department of work and pensions = FAIL

Simon Robert wrote:

> ... It would seem that
> beyond that something can't handle the data transfers from these apps if
> linux is serving them. I really don't think that this department is so
> dumb that they'd say "you can enter data using Apple/Unix, but it's not
> going to work"

How would one design a system which did that?

Assuming for a moment that one wished to achieve that effect, how might
it be gone about, starting with something that Just Works, and adding
features to prevent it doing so in some non-obvious ways?

Having come to a view on that ... it might be amusing to see if tehre
are any signs of someone having approached the design and implementation
from that angle.

Just a thought experiment, no actual suggestion that any company has
sought to use the apparatus of State and the bill of State to damage the
commercial interests of their competitors and interfere with those who
might replace them.