Re: [LUG] department of work and pensions = FAIL

Simon Robert wrote:
> the point is that it is only partly a web application, behind it is a
> massive and complex application. The web part seems to work fine with
> any browser yiou want to throw at it. It would appear that the data
> crunching afterwards can't handle anything but MS. So it looks like you
> can make your application and fill in the forms, but after that nothin g
> will happen as your data will have fallen into a black hole.
>
> As for your point, yes the browser, javascript is not OS dependent.
> Didn't I just say it wasn't. That's why it works! It would seem that
> beyond that something can't handle the data transfers from these apps if
> linux is serving them. I really don't think that this department is so
> dumb that they'd say "you can enter data using Apple/Unix, but it's not
> going to work" if what they meant was "only IE will work with this
> site", which is patently not true. I think they are telling the truth
> and are trying to stop linux/mac users wasting time entering data when
> nothing is going to result from it.

Well why don't they stop apple/Linux users from apparently being able to
use it, rather than just writing about it? If the data really does fall
into a black hole then it should only be a couple of lines of code to
test whether your browser is spoofing or not - JScript is not
JavaScript. I don't think this is a Sieble problem  - someones gone out
of their way to screw this up.
Tom te tom te tom