Re: [LUG] Gates Puts Feynman Lectures Online

Steven Côté wrote:

>     what does .net allow me to do, run applications within a browser,  i
>
>     never really understood all of this, I am not a programmer.
>

> Well, I am a programmer and I fail to understand it as well, so don't
> feel bad.
>
> I had a chance to sit down with a friend of min the other week and he
> tried to explain to me why .net was awesome and he failed to come up
> with a single technical reason that could not be met using existing
> technology.
Reason: MS/Adobe and Apple have all joined in the 'standards' process to
prevent this being done. There is absolutely no technical reason - after
all whatever the browser is doing it is accessing your computer
resources!  Many seem to believe there are technical reasons which shows
just how appalling programming has become since MS came to dominate.
Tom te tom te tom