Re: [LUG] Gates Puts Feynman Lectures Online

Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/7/16 tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> I cant understand this - the BBC had the rights and sold them to Gates
>> and now we have to install silverlight to watch them?
>>

> Moonlight (the open source implementation of Silverlight) may be able
> to view this. I haven't tried myself, but will do when I'm not on 3g.
>
> http://mono-project.com/Moonlight
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

The trouble with that is moonlight is still 'not free'.
What is annoying is that BG has bought something we should have for free
from the BBC and now we have to poison our machines with his software to
watch something that should not be in that format - and he's being
hailed as some kind of philanthropist for his actions!
Tom te tom te tom