Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Google to launch operating system]

Hi

On 8 Jul 2009, at 18:23, Benjamin M. A'Lee wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 05:04:07PM +0100, tom wrote:
>> I'm not sure I'd want the code for Google Mail - or facebook come
>> to that.
>> That kind of web application will never be free and I will never want
>> it. I use yahoo mail because I'm too lazy to configure my own online
>> mail from home but the 'someone else in control' makes them not-
>> wanted
>> systems for me.
>> Tom te tom te tom
>
> That’s my point exactly. “Google Chrome OS” is web-applications only;
> unless there are free webapps to do what you want (which, chances are,
> there aren’t at the the moment), you’re stuck using a proprietary
> system.

I think there are quite a few free apps to do what want - depends on
what you want. I did a quick Google search on "online image editor"
and came up with sumo paint. Looks ok to me.

<http://www.sumopaint.com/web/>

I'm fairly sure that without too much effort we could find free apps
to do most stuff.

Rich