Re: [LUG] Alternative to BT (Business Broadband) in Minions

Gordon Henderson wrote:

> I'd suggest Entanet, but I know there are people on hte list who've
> had issues (I'm a reseller), but look at Zen, AAISP, and maybe even
> Plusnet...

I have had problems with Enta in the past not getting very good speeds
but it was still generally over 2 Meg.  Plus they offer 30 day contracts
so if you're not happy you can move away without penalty.

Considering you're only getting 512Kbit at the moment, even with any
slow downs that can happen on Enta you should still get full speed and
save a packet on what BT are charging.  IIRC I was paying something like
£30 a month + VAT for a business connection with Enta but that gave me a
generous enough data allowance which fitted my needs, I'd say if you
only download a couple of gig a month then Enta (or at least one of
their resellers) would be well worth a look.  Vivaciti for instance (an
Enta reseller) do a 1GB allowance covering peak time (which I believe is
8am to 12am 7 days a week on the home connections) and unlimited off
peak which only costs £13.95 or for an extra £2 a month they offer a 3GB
peak allowance.  I'm pretty certain other Enta resellers are about the
same sort of cost too.

Rob