Re: [LUG] OT Digital TV

On Thu, 7 May 2009 19:58:27 +0100 (BST), Gordon Henderson
<gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Father in-law in Totnes got a new LDC telly a few days ago - came with a
>digi tuner built in (and a CF card reader of all things - the ultimate
>digtal photo frame!)
>
>Anyway bloke from local TV shoppie set it up, etc. then tried to re-set
>his old digi-box he had connected to his old analogue TV (so he could
>video programs as the TV only has one tuner), but he failed to get all
>channels, even after 2 factory resets on the box. He did say that some
>older boxes just don't work after the switchover has happened - not sure
>how much to beleive him, but FIL was all set to go out & buy a dvd writer
>with built in digituner anyway... (And copy his videos over to DVD, then
>dump the video & tapes!)
>
>Gordon

So far I have sent two old set-top boxes to the tip (including my
ancient on-Digital one) as the could not handle the new channel
numbers (I am on Beacon Hill).

The main Telly is going to be replaced next year as it has some
channels on wrong numbers - 36" widescreen CRT with integrated
Digital tuner, about 5 Years old - will have to hire some men in
a van to lift it!

Dave
--
http://www.eclipse.co.uk/morgad/index.html