Re: [LUG] OT Digital TV

On 7 May 2009, at 19:09, Rob Beard wrote:

> george wrote:
>> As a matter of interest, us yere in Brixham, and the rest of
>> Torbay, are now
>> fully digificated, which means that the signal strength has
>> increased.  I
>> took my spare telly, a modern 22" digital jobby, and plugged in a
>> set top
>> aerial and retuned.  Bingo!  A perfect picture, strength about 80%
>> or better,
>> going through 2 walls.  The picture on the main TV, from a
>> 'proper' antenna
>> is about 90%.
>>
>> I have now ditched my order for further fancy aerials, amplifiers and
>> splitters.  Mind you, TV anywhere in the house has it's down side.
>>
>> George
>>
> That's good, are you using the Brixham relay transmitter or the Beacon
> Hill transmitter?
>
> I found that after the switchover I couldn't get any of the BBC
> channels
> on my Freeview tuner on the PC (I can get everything else) whereas
> before I couldn't get ITV.  Not sure if it's the Freeview adaptor or
> what as I can get everything on my Freeview boxes or TV with Freeview
> built in.
>
> Rob

I had to reset my box to factory settings and rescan before I got the
ITV channels. Yesterday, the BBC disappeard in St. Marychurch and in
Exe Hill above the Boys Grammar. I've had to retune again. Frankly
I'm fed up with TV, digital or otherwise. Digital's quality isn't
exponentially better, and the majority of the programmes are dreck.

Grumpy Clare