Re: [LUG] OT Digital TV

Clare Shepherd wrote:
> I had to reset my box to factory settings and rescan before I got the
> ITV channels. Yesterday, the BBC disappeard in St. Marychurch and in
> Exe Hill above the Boys Grammar. I've had to retune again. Frankly
> I'm fed up with TV, digital or otherwise. Digital's quality isn't
> exponentially better, and the majority of the programmes are dreck.
>
> Grumpy Clare

Actually I'd argue that High Definition stuff is better quality.  I
watch a lot of US TV (with Chuck being my favourite show) and I always
go for the HD stuff.  720p and 5.1 surround really do make the
difference to me.

Where possible to I also try and watch shows from BBC HD and ITV HD
although it generally means missing them and watching them a day later
when they have been uploaded onto t'internet.  I'm hoping though that
with Freeview HD (or if I can get the Satellite dish we have working,
Freesat HD) I'll be able to watch stuff as it's on (although saying
that, the wife is out most evenings doing different things and she
normally gets back after the show has started, luckily now thats where
the PVR kicks in).

Rob