Re: [LUG] Question about the list archiving ?

Simon Waters wrote:
> The problem is mostly folks who don't filter their email into folders,
> and don't thread those folders, so that they feel the need to attend to
> every message in every topic in every mailing list.

I filter into folders and thread mailing list folders, such as this
one.  What drives me headless is topics changed mid-thread without
creating a new one.  This means I have to check every thread just in
case one I ma not interested in has morphed into one I am.
> One of the causes is mail clients that don't offer easy and flexible
> mail sorting. Thunderbird is bad enough - since the "create filter from
> message" only works with "From" field.
Not completely correct actually.  I'm using Thunderbird and although the
default it as you say the 'From' field this is easily altered.

Right click the From email address, left click 'create filter from message'.
 From the first dropdown box change the filter 'From' to any of the
others in the list, and of course change the criteria, e.g. Subject
contains [LUG] - which is what I use here.

Kind regards,

Julian