Re: [LUG] Question about the list archiving ?

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:08:34 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Steph Foster wrote:
>
> > If the list is publicly archived are our email addresses anonymized
> > before this happens ?
> >
> > Just wondering as that could be bad if a spambot got hold of them
> > all ?
>
> I've had the same email address since 1995. I've stopped caring about
> the spammers getting my email address as they've already got it and
> just deal with it.
>
> Gordon

Ditto... almost.

To be honest, I tend not to bother using any fancy SPAM filters these
days.  Rather than filtering out what I don't want, I now filter in
what I do want, and even that is nice and simple.

If I sign up for something, I use their name infront of the @ symbol.
I then add them to my filter list, directing their mail to a folder
purely for them.  Everything I do want gets filtered in this way, so
everything else just gets left in the Inbox.  Every so often I will
have a cursory look through it all to see if there's anything I've
missed.

Grant.