Re: [LUG] Linux not catching on

james kilty wrote:
>  On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 10:15 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> I'd love to do something like this using
>> completely free software although the last time I tried (actually was
>> about a year ago) it failed miserably.
>>
> Is this a group project - surely we have people on the list who could
> set up a demo? Or at least point to a design that others could follow.
> Now here's an embryo business. I would love to be involved, but my
> skills are way too low and at 72 is not practical to do all the learning
> needed. I have other competencies that might be of use to support such a
> project. A linux showroom with various systems ready to try out ... now
> there's a thought.
>
> James

When I tried it I did it off my own back as I'd just got a HDTV and
wanted to implement a system where I could use MythTV on my desktop
attached to the TV and also use my other monitor as an independent
desktop for e-mail etc.  If anyone else wants to give it a try though
I'd be willing to help out (I'm sure I can find a spare box to try it on).

I did a bit of looking into it earlier and it looks like it was
suggested to be added to Ubuntu (well it was a popular request on Ubuntu
Brainstorm) and it also looks like the Fedora guys were also looking
into it too.

Rob