Re: [LUG] I feel like Pipex are trying to con me...

> I'm defonatly not happy with them. Depending on the outcome of what's
> happening at the moment I will change.
> Cheers, Jon

I had an equally horrible experience with their co-lo in London.  When
they could no longer figure out which one of the four servers we would
request to bounce, they would bounce all of them!  All mission
critical boxes I might add.  When we finally did get access to them,
one of the machines was running at 70C and they refused to acknowledge
there was a fault.  So, we left!

When leaving....

The overheated machine we had trouble getting access to to wipe all
our data (The other three got wiped).  After several letters and phone
calls (1st line would never escalate, nor get a senior member of staff
on the phone), they finally agreed to send us the disk(s) of data.
There was huge concern whether they could figure out which disks to
really send though... Oh!  Send them by courier as well, nice and
secure... That fiasco dragged on for at least 4 months.

We ended up going with SW Telecoms for serious business needs.
They're not cheap but if you're looking for guaranteed uptime in the
SW they can deliver.

Regards,

KevinT