Re: [LUG] Acer aspire one. alternative linux distros.

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 23:30 +0000, Ray Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 20:08 +0000, Kelly Jones wrote:
> > My partner has one and my advice would be to install Ubuntu, we
> > quickly ran into dependency problems with the included OS.
> >

> Sounds good. I have been more inclined to go down the ubuntu route.
> I am worried about sdhc card support though. I have read there are
> problems with reading cards after resume and even of corruption.
>
> I am getting the hard drive version so don't have to worry about space
> so much. I have installed intrepid and fedora to usb to try them out
> before so no problems about external cd drives either.
>
> thanks for the suggestions.
>
> Ray

you could have a look at "easypeasy", formaly known as ubuntueee.
http://www.geteasypeasy.com/
It is designed for the assus eeepc, but is pushing itself as for all
types of netbook. I guess the main problem would be the wifi drivers,
but you'd have the same probs with ordinary ubuntu and the same
resources for solving it.

since the last paragraph I've just googled ubuntueee aceraspire and
found the following,
http://www.ubuntu-eee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=139, which seems to
indicate that it works "out of the box".

It really is very slick looking, very intuative and very fuctional. An
unashamed fan...

Simon