Re: [LUG] Firefox add-on IE Tab

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:57:33 +0000
james kilty wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 21:10 +0000, Julian Hall wrote:
>
> > If it's a Winblows box, I would recommend a combination of Spybot
> > Search & Destroy (freeware)
> Her OutsourceIT installed AVG, SpyBot and AdAware on her desktop. She
> had AVG which did not see the Trojans, so I added the other 2 and
> dealt with them.
> >  and (if it's for commercial use) Zone Alarm
> > Security Suite - £35 for two years, and works across networks while
> > free versions for private use tend not to.
> She does sometimes use the network in the house to access her desktop
> and work with files there.
>
> Thanks
>
> James

I usually recommend downloading MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) free
tool (downloaded on another, non-infected machine... a Linux box
perhaps? :D), putting it on a pendrive/network share, rebooting the
Windows box into "safemode with networking", installing MBAM, updating
it and scanning.

MBAM is one of the few tools I've come across that works just as well
in "safe mode" as it does in normal mode.

Grant.