Re: [LUG] Acer aspire one. alternative linux distros.

I have some experience with the acer one as it is one of the products i have to provide support for at work.  The thing with it is, the machine itself is ok, the worst components in my opinion are the trackpad and the wifi card. Note the wifi card is quite temperamental, and doesn't like some WPA networks.

Linpus lite is lite in the sense of being ill considered and horrible to use.  I hate it and so do my colleagues!

If you do end up experimenting with it, you will find this link invaluable.
http://jorge.ulver.no/2008/08/06/acer-aspire-one-tips-and-tricks/

Other than that, I've heard very promising reports about the ubuntu netbook remix, and can highly recommend puppy linux from personal experience.  I've used it as my main and sole OS for a couple of months now, and it's very light and functional. Ideal for a netbook.

All the best