Re: [LUG] CMS or what?

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Neil Winchurst wrote:

> I have looked at Drupal and Joomla among others and also considered
> something simpler such as Bluefish or NVU. Most of the CMS programs out
> there seem to be rather too powerful for what we need and could have a
> steep learning curve.
>
> Anyway, if anyone has any comments or suggestion I would be grateful.

Wordpress.

Although it's a "blog" it has "horizontal" pages as well as "vertical"
ones, and the horizontal ones can have sub-pages, so it's just a matter of
picking the right theme.

This might be handy:

   http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Lastnode/Wordpress_CMS

A lot of the sites I'm hosting seem to be wordpress these days - I've even
got one client who specilises in it, so I might be able to extract some
hints & tips off him.

My own:  http://watertower.drogon.net/notes/

Gordon