[LUG] CMS or what?

I am a member of a local MCTI group. (Market and Coastal Towns
Initiative). Recently on their behalf I went on a seminar which was an
intro to a CMS program which has been created especially for groups like
ours to easily set up our own web site.

I reported back yesterday and agreed to test the CMS out for them. Then
I ran into a problem. At the seminar, of course, all the computers were
running MS Windows. Now I have tried it out at home on my kubuntu set up
  it has failed with a message about needing to find the registry!!

On checking further it appears that the CMS needs Windows to work
properly, not Mac and not Linux. It even seems to need IE v 7 rather
than v 6. So I have reported back to the chairman of the MCTi explaining
that I will not be able to help them, and that I could not recommend
using a program which is so biased one way.

Meanwhile, I am wondering if I could help out by setting up the web site
myself. It would not be a very complicated one, and I have written one
already for myself.

I have looked at Drupal and Joomla among others and also considered
something simpler such as Bluefish or NVU. Most of the CMS programs out
there seem to be rather too powerful for what we need and could have a
steep learning curve.

Anyway, if anyone has any comments or suggestion I would be grateful.

Thanks

Neil Winchurst