Re: [LUG] [OFF TOPIC] Linux System Administrator

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 13:30 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Kevin Tunison wrote:
>
> > 35-40k
> >
> > Linux System Administrator, Devon
> > Highly technical and visionary company is seeking a Linux System
> > Administrator/Web Developer to join their team in Devon.
> > Your tasks will be to maintain and develop the company infrastructure
> > of Linux servers, Asterisk VOIP servers, broadband and VPN
> > connections.
> > To develop, customise and maintain Intranet services to support the
> > growing needs of the company.
> > Working with Web Designers, develop and maintain the company web site
> > and E-commerce systems.....
> >
> > rest of it is at:
> >
> > http://www.cwjobs.co.uk/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?NoExpire=1&JobId=42889147
>
> This was posted recently - I found the company in Dartmoor:
>
>       http://eigenlabs.com/jobs.html
>
> I have contacted them, but not heard anything back... Anyone else?
I contacted them to ask what the salary range was. I got a fairly speedy
response. I haven't submitted a CV though since I'm not really in a
position to relocate yet.

I don't exactly fit the bill either. If you replaced the Python with
Perl I'd make a fairly close match but I don't personally think that the
Python requirement should have featured so heavily. Surely the right
person could pick up Python fairly quickly if required.

I'm still waiting for the day Perl 6 is ready and hoping that is becomes
the new hot language of the time. I'm increasingly thinking this is a
living in a dream land ;-)

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.