Re: [LUG] JPG and PNG

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 10:04 +0000, Simon Waters wrote:

> Anyone still using IE6 needs to be shot. I appreciate this may include
> some of my colleagues but it is a price worth paying.
Hello

My wife's charity (arthritiscare.org.uk) hasn't moved up as installing
IE7 b@@@@d up their system somehow and things did not work - perhaps it
was the outlook web access that didn't mesh properly.

Interesting that her experiences of using MS at work (having to return
her work computer to the charity's outsourced IT (same name!) to remove
trojans that regenerated themselves - Zlob and others), outrageous
startup times and having to reboot to regain access to a file and other
matters has made her positive about Linux - seeing my effortless control
of my laptop has helped somewhat. She uses it successfully when our
daughter has borrowed her laptop and vice versa - daughter uses mine to
watch dvd's! When I show her she can access her favourite msn maybe
she'll use the ubuntu I installed on her snail paced W2k machine which
she moans about.

James
--
james kilty