Re: [LUG] OT: UKFSN problems this morning

On 14/01/2009 13:46, Subscriptions wrote:
> Re the Entanet "Off Peak Time" changes, I am disappointed with what they
> appear to be planning to do (more the loss of weekend off peak than the
> changes in the evening). I always carry out distro upgrades and new
> installations at the weekend so, all the downloading is off peak. I work
> from home and, this way, I reserve my peak time for that.
>
> I specially chose the Vivaciti package based on this and would be able
> to downgrade to the next package down (with ntao change in service) at a
> saving of £3.00 per month, if this goes ahead. However, I contacted my
> ISP, Vivaciti and they are not happy about it. They say that this change
> is not definite yet and they are negotiating with Entanet ton get it
> overturned.
>
> Viv

Yep, not surprised they're not happy.  A fair few Enta customers on the
Think Broadband forums are leaving in droves.  I chose Vivaciti
originally because they were really helpful when I was looking to move
from AOL.  I haven't got anything bad to say about Vivaciti, they are
really go, as is UKFSN from what I have heard, it just seems to be Enta
possibly shooting themselves in the foot.

If it was a case of just altering the peak/offpeak times during the week
I would have stayed and probably moved to the Home 60 connection (which
IIRC is slightly cheaper than the Office 45) to make up for the extra
bandwidth used during peak times (saying that I rarely go over 20GB a
month peak, the majority of my downloading is done off-peak).

Still I always have the option to go back to Enta in the future (albeit
after 12 months or unless I pay a £50 or so fee to leave early).  Now on
the other hand if I'd made the choice to move to Virgin I'd be looking
at a possible cease charge (BT now charge to disconnect an ADSL
connection - about £8.50 IIRC) and then a re-activation charge when
going back onto ADSL.  At least moving to O2 it's a free migration (once
I get the Mac code, from what I understand, Vivaciti are currently going
through all their customer support tickets).

Rob