[LUG] OT: IE6 was Re: JPG and PNG

james kilty wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 10:04 +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
>
>> Anyone still using IE6 needs to be shot. I appreciate this may include
>> some of my colleagues but it is a price worth paying.
> Hello
>
> My wife's charity (arthritiscare.org.uk) hasn't moved up as installing
> IE7 b@@@@d up their system somehow and things did not work - perhaps it
> was the outlook web access that didn't mesh properly.

Outlook Web Access should be fine, millions of people use it as designed
with IE7. Possible if they have outsourced email or similar that they
might need to tell it to trust the email provider, but if that is the
issue then IE6 is presumably applying that same increased trust to every
site on the Internet. Sounds like they have other issues with their PC
management to me.

I always liked Matt Lee's note on some web work he did:

"Works in all modern browsers and IE6"

Of course then IE6 was only 6 years old.

With IE6 you get the PNG rendering issue. More and more websites just
don't render correctly in IE6 because a lot of lazy web developers use
Firefox and IE7, and hope IE6 will work like IE7 (or Firefox). And IE6
crashes way too easily - sometimes just because you used it a lot.

We should of course not use secuna advisory counts for security decisions.

IE 6 - 22 unpatched advisories
IE 7 -  9 unpatched advisories

I feel a Javascript snippet comming on....

 Simon

(FF 3 has 0 unpatched advisories today - but hey that can change)