Re: [LUG] router keeps stopping - reply tto Gordon

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Paul Sutton wrote:

> The router is a separate unit, (not running x) even though it does have
> a serial port on it,   i have switched on this morning and touch wood
> its been pretty stable, so i suspect if i run it for too long as with
> anything electronic it gets warm,  this could cause problems,
>
> Not sure what OS the router is running i have a web interface to set
> things up,
>
> /The router is an ADSL router, running at 8 megabits / sec (max), but
> its crashing or restarting on really basic stuff like web browsing,
> this is connected to a hub which then connects to printer,  my main pc
> and a cable to my 2nd pc or sometimes laptop if i am using that, as I
> don't run the 2nd pc very often.

OK - Sounds like the router or its PSU is dying... If you have a spare
PSU, I'd try that first...

So I'd suggest a replacement - as money might be tight, you could ask here
to see if anyones got a spare...

A very quick search shows:

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2408

Cheap - under 20 quid, but I've no idea how good/bad they might be!

Gordon