[LUG] router keeps stopping

Hi

I have a problem with my router,

it keeps disconnecting,  if i then reset it,  it fires up goes through
what ever sequence it does when it starts, it then just stops and the
lnk and act lights go out, and i lose connection.

i DO NOT understand why this is happening or if it could be a fault, if
it is I am going to be offline as I can't afford a new router

if i goto a console and do
psutton@desktop:~$ who

i get the following
psutton  :0           2008-12-14 21:48
psutton  pts/0        2008-12-14 21:56 (:0.0)

does this mean i have 2 users connecting or does it mean i have someone
connecting from the out site,  what does pts/0 mean,  yes I have tried
to look it up with man, but do NOT really understand what it telling me

thanks for any help

Paul