Re: [LUG] C++

2008/11/23 Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> It should be noted that learning to use an IDE is as big an investment in time
> and energy as learning a programming language. I come from VS.NET, which is
> probably THE best programming environment there is and its amazingly
> frustrating and counterproductive to not be able to do things in a click
> anymore as I try and withdraw from the C# sofa with coffee at 11 etc.

VS.NET?

Quake and quiver before the evil might of 'The Old Ones' lest ye
awaken the mighty emacs!

I tried visual studio a few years ago, if you're using a mouse then
it's too slow, sorry - emacs
meta-ctrl-do-my-bidding-in-the-name-of-cthulu is hardwired into my
fingers now, so much so that I've started work on emacs keybindings
for the cool new Padre IDE, which is a wx/scintilla based editor
written in perl with pretty good support for Perl (5 and 6) and
javascript.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk