Re: [LUG] Adventures with USB-serial converter

On Sep 10, 2008, Robin Cornelius was like:

> This would suggest that the USB device is dropping the connection, or
> resetting or something nasty

It may be something like that. Since you have converters that work
properly I could think about getting another one.

> You could possibly use a udev rule to force the device to always be
> on a specific device node then it would not flip around

I ought to learn about udev rules (I'll save your suggestion) but this
would just be a way round the problem and I have one already. Ultimately
I'd like to know why the program stops in this odd way, ie with fgets
returning null with an error that means "Success".

Tony