Re: [LUG] Adventures with USB-serial converter

On Sep 09, 2008, James Fidell was like:

> Ahhh, so it is a 1-wire thing.

Yes, Quasar supply these with the pc board. It's a DS18S20
[data sheet http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/DS18S20.pdf]. I think it
delivers the temperature as text and the pc board just wraps it in
RS232. I don't actually dangle it in the water, I have it strapped to
the pipe. Its maximum temperature is 125degC but a higher temperature
doesn't break it.

> $ stty /dev/ttyUSB0 2400

I tried that but the result was the same; it ran for about three hours
and then stopped with fgets: Success. So speed was not the problem. No
worry; I am back running my script that switches from ttyUSB0 to
ttyUSB1 and back so I get a complete record and it runs forever.

Tony