Re: [LUG] Exeter Fun Day - Who's coming and can you bring...

On Wednesday 13 August 2008 07:17, Steve Lee wrote:
> Hi Rob (I'm resending, onlist this time)
>
> > 2008/8/12 Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> >> A couple more canvas (or normal) chairs for the users of the laptops to
> >> sit at.
>
> I'll bring a couple along
>
> >> I think one table will be provided but if we can borrow another table
> >> (wallpaper pasting table or something) then that would be handy.
>
> Will bring the paper table and investigate cover but it's fairly clean
> AFAIR.
>
> I also have 10 pukka Ubuntu disks and a few blanks. Did we get some
> OpenDisks?
I'd also try and offer some Kubuntu disks - a lot of people have been put off
by the garish orange chocolate desktop. The Kubuntu is a bit more redmondie
and less scary.
I know that shouldnt be important but the last twenty years of computing has
been style above functionality.
I wish I could come but my outboard motor has sunk!
Tom te tom te tom