Re: [LUG] Linux @ University of Plymouth

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 15:02, Benjamin M. A'Lee wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 12:36:00PM +0100, Tom Potts wrote:
> > cool until the spec changes a bit.... Horses for Courses: separate
> > functionality from style, code from documentation, coders from managers.
>
> The problem with keeping code separate from documentation is that it
> adds an extra hurdle to keeping documentation up to date. If you need to
> edit the code, then hunt down the docs and update them separately,
> you're more likely to put off doing so (indefinitely...) than if all you
> need to do is edit the comment at the top of the method.
I find it amazing that we have had software from the 60's that allows me to
check any variable against the code while running the program and yet we cant
do that small leap to do the same with documentation in an IDE.
Code<>executable
Code<>documentation
Linkin Park man!
Code of course being the 'much more intelligent than a manager' human readable
source.
Tom te tom te tom