Re: [LUG] Exeter Fun Day - Who's coming and can you bring...

2008/8/12 Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi folks,

Just wanted to send a mail out before the big Exeter Fun Day to see who
is coming and if they can bring a few bits and pieces.

Simon is sorting out the banner (thanks Simon :-)

Tom is lending us the LTSP server, laptops and 3 Mobile Broadband modem.

I'm able to bring along leaflets from last year, CDs, labels, printer
(to print labels) and two canvas chairs.

I'm also hopefully able to borrow a gazebo.  I've certainly secured one
but it doesn't have any sides, but I'm going to try and borrow one from
Palm FM.

What we could do with is....

A couple more canvas (or normal) chairs for the users of the laptops to
sit at.  If we can't borrow any then the other option if someone can
chip in is to buy some from Asda (they're about £4 each).

I think one table will be provided but if we can borrow another table
(wallpaper pasting table or something) then that would be handy.  I
might be able to borrow another one from my dad (could do with a sheet
to cover it though as it's covered in paint).

Other than the items above, I guess some sort of refreshments would be
great if anyone can help out on that front.  I have a Makro card so if
it comes to it we can chip in and buy some bulk drinks or something.

How I see it, the more of us there to talk to people the better.  I'm
hoping that we can demonstrate Linux running and let people have a play
with it and maybe give out some leaflets (I thought if they want a CD
then we could either burn one off there and then or give them details of
Shipit etc).

So other than that, who else is able to make it?

Ta,

Rob

We should be able to make it. We can bring a couple of old metal fold up chairs which we don't want - you can keep them, if you like. We will bring a couple of stools for ourselves. We can bring 2 laptops - they are both running Mint. The newer of the 2 laptops has a DVD writer so, burning CD's and DVD's is no problem. I can bring some blanks if required - how many do you think you will need ? We will bring some refreshments as well. Anything else? Unfortunately, we cannot stay all day as it is the village show that day as well and it would be greatly frowned upon if we don't make an appearance.

We should be there about 10:00 am.

See you there

regards

Viv and Phil